Donating stock or appreciated securities may help you in several ways.
- For most contributions, the charitable deduction is the fair market value at the time of transfer.
- Capital gains taxes which would be realized in the event such securities were sold can be avoided.
- There are likel no brokerage fees or sales commissions.
To make a donation, follow these simple instructions:
- Notify your broker in writing of your plan to gift securities to PASCON.
- Tell your broker to contact us for instructions on how to complete the transfer.
- PASCON will mail you a tax receipt once your broker lets us know that the transfer went through.